but, it’s not possible for me to go home to north carolina this summer. lina & i discussed it today, and we are aching to go there. longing to heal this hurting that is deep in our hearts. and while our minds are dreaming of this place, we know that we will be staying here. so, it’s time to dig deep and focus on the joys that come with staying in sweden this summer.
reasons i love living in sweden:
1. you can find ice cream. anytime. anywhere. whenever you are craving it. because swedes love their ice cream. it just so happened i craved it this afternoon. and voila! craving satisfied.
2. when i look up, i see this.
3. when i look down the street i see this.
4. when i need to buy groceries or pick up a package in the mail, i go here to my historical building-turned-grocery store/post office (where i shop: photo a day june).
5. every time i arrive home, i see this date on the foundation of my building, reminding me that it was built 105 years ago.
so, though i am missing summer in north carolina, i am working hard to remember all the perks of living in sweden. i mean, come on. it’s europe. everything’s old. and gorgeous. i don’t have too much to complain about. but, on those days & moments when i find myself missing my family, i will look up, or out my window, or down the street and soak in all the beauty. it’s so important to try to live in the present moment, to not always be wishing you were somewhere else, but appreciating all that is around. i refuse to be that person who is stuck wishing for the past or waiting for the future. instead, i am going to refocus & create a beautiful summer exactly where i am.
well, i’m gonna try. and if anyone wants to come & visit, you’re more than welcome! i’ll play tour guide!
peace and summer love wherever you are.