that’s right. after a month off, i decided that all i really needed was a little break. a breather, you could say. and, i’ve had that now.
sooooo…. beginning tomorrow on the first of february, i’m ready to get back in the game. i’m excited. i’m pumped. i’m rejuvenated & refreshed. and i’m ready to fall in love with photography all over again.
yep. i’m ready to embark on a photo a day challenge again.
of course, after creating my own list in december, i just couldn’t go back to someone else’s list. plus, it’s february – a month that lends itself easily to a pretty obvious theme. so, put those two together & bam! belovelive’s 2nd photo a day challenge was born!
here & now, i officially invite & challenge you all to join me in this photo challenge.
all the cool kids are doing it, ya know. hehe. seriously, though. why not spend 28 days thinking about love? why not snap a photo of something you love every day? why not get those creative juices flowing in the middle of the gray winter (or the warm, sunny summer for you southern hemisphere-ers)? why not push yourself to be a little artsy? why not?
if you decide to join me, the only thing i ask is for you to:
- let me know you’re participating – here on my blog (comment below), on belovelive’s new Facebook page, on instagram (@lizslens), or on twitter (@elre74).
- use the hashtag #bllphotoaday on your photos
- try to snap a picture each day & use an original one (no throw-backs, unless you just have to. that’s a part of the challenge)
now, there is no pressure here. if you begin the challenge & them wimp out… no biggie. i’ve done that soooo many times. make it what you want. all i ask is that you give yourself a chance to express yourself. and if it’s not for you, then no prob. if you feel stressed out, skip a day or two & come back to it. it’s all about you – being creative and focusing on love.
not totally on board yet?
ok. well, here’s why i love these photo challenges = what you get out of it:
- the community – if you share your photo,use the hashtag (#bllphotoaday) and explore other people, you will meet some pretty cool fellow artists from all over the world. i guarantee it.
- the juices - creative juices start to flow. overflow, even. you’ll find yourself taking pictures you never thought you’d take. you’ll beging to develop your artist’s eye, and start to see art every freaking where you look. downside: you may annoy people you are with because you want to stop & snap a photo every few feet/meters.
- the roses - looking for a way to capture the theme word for each day teaches you to slow down. to notice things you don’t normally notice because you are usually too busy flitting about. you begin to see that every day holds something beautiful to discover.
i’ve convinced you now, huh? you’re dying to join in & you just can’t wait any longer, right? well, here is the list.
save the image on your phone, or on your desktop, or on your facebook page, or bookmark this post. check out the word for the day – all of them are a variation of/connection to love… hence, the 28 days of love.
now, this list may look challenging. i think it is. i’m a little freaked out by it. but, i’m gonna see what i come up with. no need to just take pictures of the same old stuff over & over again, right?
i’m not gonna give any suggestions for each of the words. i’ll let you interpret them how you will. some are tough. some are not. just snap a shot of something that represents or symbolizes the word of the day. reflect on it a little. it will come to you. and whatever you do, it will be a beautiful expression of you.
thanks for reading! i hope you play along in february. and if you do, let me know!