i read a bunch of really awesome blogs every day. the picture above is from victoria’s blog, just one of the many, talented writers i have discovered & connected with thanks to wordpress & other blog sites. i have written about blogging in the past & how thankful i am for the blog community – the people, the connections, the inspiration.
if you read blogs on a regular basis, or write one, you’ve probably seen that there are blog awards floating all around the internet. a few days ago, i was given the honor of being nominated for the “one lovely blog award” by victoria. i am truly excited to have my blog deemed as lovely. many thanks to victoria, a beautiful writer, for nominating me. you should go over and check out her blog. she writes about writing & publishing, regular life, and lesbianism. if you want to boost your intelligence, think more, and be inspired, you will most definitely love her blog. go check her out!
i wholeheartedly & humbly accept this award. and so i must…
- Post the One Lovely Blog Award logo on my blog (see below).
- Thank the blogger who nominated me and link back to his blog (victoria nominated me. thank you, v!).
- List seven things about myself (i suck at this).
- Nominate some other blogs for this award.
ok. here come my random things:
- i am really good at mimicking dialects and accents. like freakishly good. if you have an accent and i meet you and begin mimicking how you speak, it’s not because i am making fun of you. i can’t help it. i just go into some auto-pilot accent mode.
- i had a run-in with a snake when i was 3 years old, and since then have been insanely afraid of snakes, even behind glass & in magazines. my fear it really irrational.
- i think that take-off and landing during a plane flight are so much freaking fun. i feel the need… the need for speed.
- play a song, almost any song, and you’ll be sure to hear that i know almost all of the lyrics by heart. it’s a gift. i could rap dj jazzy jeff & the fresh prince’s “parents just don’t understand” right now.
- when i was a kid, i wanted to be a detective, and i spent my saturdays spying & recording the activities of my parents and my neighbors. dorky & a little stalk-ish, huh?
- i could eat french fries all day. every day.
- my dream is to have a house in the swedish archipelago and a house somewhere in the united states, and to live in each place 6 months out of every year.
here come some suggestions for a good read. click on the link and discover some new inspiration.
urban curator – a blog with tons of pinterest-worthy images. so beautiful.
you must be somewhere in london – unbelievable photos.
lonely girl travels – a great read of a chick embarking on her own journey all over the world.
know the sphere – deep. meaningful. beautiful.
exploring maybeland – a blog about life and chasing dreams.
oh pioneer – an amazing tumblr photo blog. all nature-y and tree-huggish.
** update** one more blog i just have to add to the list. someone i just discovered…
dace at the long way home. she’s inspiring. empowering. and filled with honesty & integrity.