asheville gatherings

a little halloween recap.

3 Nov 2013

i was back in the states for halloween this year… and it was great! after three years in sweden (one of them in ireland), i was dying for a traditional kinda halloween. well, it’ll never be like it was for me when i was kid because, well, i’m not a kid. and i don’t go trick or treating anymore. and i don’t have kids. so it’s an adult-acting-like-a-kid kinda halloween for me these days = just as fun, only in a different way. anyway, this year we had plans. plans for costumes. plans for a haunted comedy tour on a bus with my brother. plans for hanging out in downtown asheville in our costumes. and plans for candy, decorations, and pumpkin carving.

here’s a little bit of what happened on the day of ghouls & goblins:

IMG_5531 DSC_0582 DSC_0591 IMG_5541 IMG_5552 IMG_5560 IMG_5549in case you don’t know, my love & i were dressed up as piper chapman (lina) and alex vause (me) from the netflix series orange is the new black. (i mentioned it in this blog). they are two women in prison, in a relationship, and busted for dealing drugs. it’s an amaaaazing show, so if you haven’t seen it, get netflix and check it out. we love it. and that’s my awesome little bro dressed as a monk. have i mentioned how much i love living near him again?!

it was pretty much a great halloween! hope yours was too. how much candy ya got left over? hehe.

peace out.

• Reply Louise Gallagher 3 Nov 2013 at 14:15

Looks like you had a great time! I was, as I am each year, a gypsy. 🙂 My daughters tell me I’m pretty well that every day, not just on Halloween. 🙂

• Reply liz 4 Nov 2013 at 09:38

haha. i think i can totally see you as an everyday gypsy. your daughters may be right. 😉

• Reply emuse 3 Nov 2013 at 15:33

I was a wanderer this year. Fingers crossed I won’t be one next year. It looks like you had fun!

• Reply liz 4 Nov 2013 at 09:39

I’ll keep my fingers crossed too! yes, we had a blast. 🙂

• Reply Ginger 3 Nov 2013 at 18:01

Haha! Great costumes!! I love that show, too! Definitely a favorite!

• Reply liz 4 Nov 2013 at 09:39

Thanks, Ginger, it was tons of fun! xx

• Reply Tracy 4 Nov 2013 at 09:43

So much I want to say re: all of your previous posts but no time!
    As a girl who lost her big bro- all I’ll say is– hug him- every, single time.

🙂

• Reply liz 4 Nov 2013 at 09:57

I will. Every single time. Love to you, Tracy.

• Reply ash 5 Nov 2013 at 22:56

halloween is my favorite! mine was pretty low-key this year, though I still dressed in my pirate attire.
    i’ve heard that show recommended a few times now.. but i didn’t really know what it was about. i may have to actually check it out in the near future.

thanks for sharing; love the pictures!

• Reply Laura4NYC 17 Nov 2013 at 19:09

I didn’t do anything on the actual Halloween but all parties were either the weekend in advance (Oct 26) or the weekend after (Nov 1). Next year it’ll finally fall on a Friday, so no confusion as to what party to attend, then.