be

i believe there is a purpose.

26 Mar 2013

i am not going into to much detail, but i want y’all to know that lina and i cancelled our trip to china today. while we are indescribably disappointed, we know that it is the best thing to do. it is necessary. my beautiful and amazing wife is not doing well at all, so the decision to not go to china was based on a recommendation by her therapists and a long conversation about what we know is the most important in the big picture: first, my love’s health. and second, our dream and our plans to move to the states. so that’s that. it hurts and it feels ok all at the same time. still, positive vibes, prayers, and peace are more than welcome right now.

ironically, i received a message from “the universe” in my email today, and it reminded me that there is a meaning to all of the suffering, pain, and disappointment we experience in life.

there must be.

20130326-200817.jpg

peace and love.

• Reply ashleypaige4 26 Mar 2013 at 18:30

I’m so sorry to hear about your trip and even more that your wife is not doing well. However, I’m proud of you for having such an incredible outlook. You inspire me to be a more selfless and positive person every time you post. I’m sending warm thoughts to you and your love.

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 23:53

You are so so sweet! Thank you bunches!! We appreciate the warm thoughts so much. 🙂 xo

• Reply starrystez 26 Mar 2013 at 18:34

I’m very sorry to hear that – disappointment for any reason is a horrid feeling.

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 16:02

Thank you so much for your sympathy. Feeling others’ thoughts with us makes everything more bearable.

• Reply kate1975 26 Mar 2013 at 18:36

I’m so sorry that yous have had to cancel your plans. Good and healing thoughts to you both.

Kate

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 16:01

Dear Kate,
      Thank you so much. I thought of you as I wrote this.And I thought of how nice it is to know that there are people out there who truly care. 🙂 Love & peace to y’all.

• Reply MakingSpace 26 Mar 2013 at 18:49

Sending healing thoughts to Lina. Sorry about the trip, and I wish you folks lots of what you need in the coming days.

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 16:00

Healing thoughts are very much appreciated right now. Your support is most definitely felt. Thank you!

• Reply yogaleigh 26 Mar 2013 at 19:56

Sending reiki and prayers

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 15:57

Thank you so very much. Peace to you.

• Reply carissalick 27 Mar 2013 at 00:11

I’m sorry to hear you can’t go to China. 🙁 But I’m glad to hear that you’re prioritizing what matters most– good health. I’ll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers! <3

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 15:56

Thanks, Carissa!! Your support and prayers mean so much to us. And yes, this is most important now. Most definitely!

• Reply Alarna Rose Gray 27 Mar 2013 at 05:12

What a beautiful message from the universe! Sorry to hear of your disappointment, though – wish you both strength, and healing…

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 15:56

Thank you so much, Alarna. Your wishes are needed and much appreciated!

• Reply Tracy 27 Mar 2013 at 06:11

Screw the trip, Liz & Lina- China isn’t going anywhere…and as far as “a purpose”, really- what does it matter if there is or isn’t? There doesn’t need to be a purpose beyond the obvious: that your little team-of-two isn’t feeling up to it.

Positive vibes to “the team” & your many supporters in health. 🙂

PS: Here’s one of my fav sayings: “Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you wanted” –> not what you expected, but you always learn or get something positive from it. 😉

• Reply strollingturtle 27 Mar 2013 at 07:14

I’m a bit with Tracy on this one Liz and Lina…no longer convinced that there is always a reason or a purpose to what happens to us in life….at least not at the outset of the experiences. But like the quote Tracy included, it’s what you make of the challenges that come your way….China will still be there later on after your team has made your big move….in the “fullness of time”…just not the right time now….and I absolutely appreciate the disappointment…:(….lots of <3<3<3 and ooooo s and healing coming your ways..:) 🙂 🙂

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 15:55

Hmm… both you girls said better what I think I was thinking actually. I, of course, do not think that there is a reason per se to everything that happens to us, but that I can find a reason when I look back on my life. Of better yet, I can understand and learn something from every experience. Thanks for your comments!!

• Reply laurnicolehunt 28 Mar 2013 at 06:49

I enjoy your blog and have nominated you for an award!

• Reply liz 28 Mar 2013 at 15:53

Thank you so much!!! I am honored!

• Reply CarlyBeth's Blog 28 Mar 2013 at 18:32

So sorry to hear that, Liz 🙁 Thinking of you both and sending healing thoughts.

• Reply liz 29 Mar 2013 at 00:03

thank you, carly. love. xo

• Reply Barb 30 Mar 2013 at 01:56

Catching up on your blog and putting two and two together. I am sure there is also disappointment on the Chinese end of the trip, but “you can’t always get what you want…you get what you need.” I’m sure it was a hard decision for the two of you to make, but I am confident that it was the choice you needed to make.

Now that the decision has been made you can focus on the positive of taking a breather at home and giving Lina the time she needs to get healthy. Prayers for health, peace and love.

• Reply southernhon 1 Apr 2013 at 01:30

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will keep you two in my prayers.

• Reply SWBVR 2 Apr 2013 at 17:12

I read this on my phone a few days ago and couldn’t comment – I just wanted to come back and say that I’m thinking of you both. Stay in each others arms, stay safe xx

• Reply liz 2 Apr 2013 at 21:17

thank you so very much for thinking of us right now. yes, the only thing i know to do is to hold on to each other… thank you for being someone who understands that. xoxo

• Reply Laura4NYC 24 Apr 2013 at 18:45

China will always be there for when both of you decide it’s a good time to go! I read this post through my e-mail (as so many others) whilst in Germany and remember how I felt about it. I guess it just wasn’t the right time for a trip!