road trips + plane rides the sacred everyday

prime-time procrastination.

15 Jul 2013

what i should be doing is packing. like for real. i mean, i’m moving to another country in 2.5 days for pete’s sake. so, i should be pulling out things, making my packing inventory list (so i know all the weird things i’ve packed when customs & border control questions me why i have 9 mugs in my carry on baggage, a big round tray, 2 wire baskets, pillow cases…), thrwing more things away, and cramming stuff into every nook & cranny i can find.

but, what i’m actually doing is this:

lizzie needs some new music! any suggestions?

moving

think usa, wandering, new chapter, adventure, life, nature, bliss. leave a comment with your suggestions! and then i’ll post the playlist. promise.

so, yeah. we are in that overwhelmed-so-let’s-ignore-everything mode. i’m making a playlist, and lina’s reading a magazine. like we have absolutely no care in the world. and nothing to do tomorrow or wednesday. at one point today, i curled up into a ball on the bed and just stared at the ceiling till i fell asleep. seriously. i need help. we need help.

eh… think i’ll try to skype my dad for a minute. and then go to bed and dream about all the possibilities and amazing adventures that await me on the other side of the ocean. so, how was your monday, dear friends?

rock on. peace.

• Reply Louise Gallagher 15 Jul 2013 at 22:09

Hmmm…. Family Crest — San Francisco based Indie pop. Of Monsters and Men (originally from Iceland). Canadian, Indie pop group — The Stars Amy Wood — Calgary based songstress 🙂

• Reply liz 17 Jul 2013 at 09:50

Love! Fantastic! Thanks!

• Reply Kiwi 15 Jul 2013 at 22:35

Bastille, Imagine Drangons, Ben Howard, The Neighbourhood…anyway, safe and happy travels! thank you so much for sharing all those little pieces of your life.

• Reply liz 17 Jul 2013 at 09:51

Thank you for your comment and suggestions!! 🙂

• Reply SopranoOut 16 Jul 2013 at 02:56

http://youtu.be/DTO0gK7FNLY (lovelovelovesuperlove New Grass Revival soooo much)

• Reply liz 17 Jul 2013 at 09:51

totally love these! thank you! xo

• Reply poetlandia 16 Jul 2013 at 06:23

There’s a music suggestion I want to make … kind of old school but soooo good. And I’m spacing on the artist’s name. Dang. Lhasa De Sela! (Sadly, I had to look in my music to remember.) I love her.

• Reply liz 17 Jul 2013 at 09:52

wow. what a voice she has! thanks!! xo

• Reply strollingturtle 16 Jul 2013 at 08:34

Can totally relate to overwhelmed procrastination mode. Have been there a lot over the past couple of months. It seems though that somehow all that needs getting done, gets done..one way or the other. In my situation it is thanks to some very good friends and my soon to be ex doing his part as well. Good luck and great fortune to you and Lina on your new adventure! 🙂

• Reply liz 17 Jul 2013 at 09:53

It will all get done, you’re right. I work best when I am in crunch mode. 😉

• Reply strollingturtle 17 Jul 2013 at 18:37

me too! what is it about that crunch mode thing? 😉

• Reply leanne 16 Jul 2013 at 12:07

Not totally sure of your music tastes but these bands are pretty good – The Naked and the Famous, Jessie Ware, Passion Pit, Aluna George, Boy and Bear, Solange. Hope the move goes well for you both.

• Reply liz 17 Jul 2013 at 09:54

Thanks for you comment and suggestions, Leanne! My music tastes are all over the place, so this is great! 🙂