photography

wedding photos & an (unexpected) announcement

23 Jul 2014

i’ve been waiting to finish editing my photos from my sister-in-law’s wedding last saturday and show them to her before putting upon my blog here. but, it’s all done now and the happy couple has received all of their photos, so now i can share a few shots with you!

i hope that m and u are as happy with the outcome as i was photographing them. it was so much unbelievable fun – capturing their special day and all of the little moments that made up a wonderfully magical, beautiful celebration of love. i am eternally grateful and honored that they asked me to chronicle their wedding, and i will truly cherish the opportunity to sneak around, taking photos, and soaking up the joy of seeing everyone celebrate not only m & u’s love, but love in general. wow, i’m a hopeless romantic, aren’t i?

not only was the wedding beautiful, but it was super fun too. i also survived my “toastmaster”/host role, thanks to being parters-in-crime with my brother-in-law, one of my favorite all-around people in the world. we realized just before the reception that we really had no idea what to do, though we had lots of good ideas (thanks to my love for planning and preparing so much!)

anyway, more about all the ins and outs of the wedding (= my personal photos) in another post soon. for now, here are my photos of the happy couple and their wedding. enjoy!

reception wedding program wedding tables roses wedding bouquet niece twirling dress niece posing syskonbarn niece and my love bride and groom bride ready eriksson cousins wedding my love singing love wedding bride and groom ceremony DSC_0733 - Version 2 cute kid wedding rings bridesmaids flower girls wedding party wedding party sunset photo wedding magical wedding sunset wedding sunset love bride's bouquet first kiss kiss water love hands couple wedding first dance

first dance wedding

i must say, due to the fact that i was about to jump out of my skin with excitement as i ran around snapping photos during the wedding, and due to the fact that i think my photos are pretty ok, and with the encouragement of others, i believe i am going to set up a Facebook page and a photography portfolio. so, from here on out, i’m officially saying that i am available to take photos, if you or anyone you know needs a photographer. and i don’t just mean weddings. i can do photos for your book, website, family, newspaper, whatever.

i think i just announced the beginning of be.love.live. photography. gaaaahh!

peace and love. xx

• Reply Sarah shanahan 23 Jul 2014 at 07:13

Gorgeous photos, looks so beautiful. X

• Reply Rusha Sams 23 Jul 2014 at 07:58

What a lovely wedding! Love your photos with interesting features like the back of the wedding dress and the table set with cute party bags. A grand affair and a great time for all who attended!

• Reply Elizabeth Reynolds McGuire 5 Aug 2014 at 08:39

Thank you, Rusha! It is always fun to try to sneak around and capture some unexpected moments. It was a fantastic wedding celebration!

• Reply Lanie Belluz 23 Jul 2014 at 08:38

Hey, if you come to NY then you can take ours

• Reply Elizabeth Reynolds McGuire 5 Aug 2014 at 08:41

Hey! I would love to take your wedding photos in NYC – it would be amazing… do you wanna hire me?! (I’m serious!). Perhaps we can figure out a deal of some sort.

• Reply Audrey 23 Jul 2014 at 09:31

Beautiful photos/captures Liz!!! And best of luck with the new endeavor!

• Reply Elizabeth Reynolds McGuire 5 Aug 2014 at 08:41

Thank you Audrey! So far, so good! I’ve got one wedding booked, a possible other one, and a family session booked! Woo hoo!

• Reply wedding fun! | 24 Jul 2014 at 05:36

[…] one of the photographers for the day. i posted some of my “professional” photos in a previous post, but now i thought i’d give you a little bit more of a personal look at the […]

• Reply Vendela 25 Jul 2014 at 14:49

Så himla fina foton Liz!!

• Reply liz 29 Jul 2014 at 01:39

Tack bästa V! KRAM

• Reply here we go! | 25 Aug 2014 at 01:24

[…] on something in the background for a few weeks. do you remember how i was a photographer for my sister-in-law’s wedding when i was in sweden in july? and do you remember that i had an unexpected announcement at the end […]

• Reply Ok. Now let’s take some photos! | Be.Love.Live. Photography 25 Aug 2014 at 13:43

[…] at this point in my life? Well, here’s the backstory. I was asked to be a  photographer for my sister-in-law’s wedding when I was in Sweden in July? At then end of my blog post about the wedding, I made an unexpected […]

• Reply the magic of a camp wedding | 21 Sep 2014 at 00:10

[…] my day shooting the wedding of a former co-worker, who hired me just after i posted my photos from ulrika and micke’s wedding in sweden this summer. today’s wedding was also outside, but it was at a camp – camp pinnacle in […]