friends, we are only about one week out from thanksgiving!! woo hoo! i know that there are quiet a few of you who are not american, so you’re not really counting the days, but, i sure am! i cannot wait! a little mini-vacay back at my parents’ place at the beach sounds just perfect. and then, it’s full swing into christmas! exciting and cozy times are ahead.
this past week, it felt as if autumn sort of fell away into very late autumn/early winter. i was all cozy in boots and sweaters all week long. and loving it to pieces. there were lots of fabulous little moments, every day kinds of things, i suppose. but, i am working so hard on being present, so i am more aware of the little things lately. i seem to be appreciating the tiniest things these days.
here are a few of the things that made my senses go into overdrive and left me feeling inspired and overwhelmed with gratitude. that’s right. i kept my promise this week and here’s my sensory overload, part 2! go me.
- i had another article in the paper last week!! it was my second fika article and you can read it here, if you want. i cannot believe that i have the opportunity to do this!!
- also, i noticed that most of the leaves were suddenly gone from the trees. it’s like it happened overnight. wow. but, you know what? the bare branches are just as beautiful.
- i enjoyed a steaming hot bowl of corn chowder at home on a very windy and cold day. the perfect warm-me-up and autumn moment.
- and, oh the joys of a saturday morning brunch complete with eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, potatoes, coffee, and… mimosas. perfection.
- the leaves on the sidewalk as the crunched beneath my feet.
- the feel of the leather chair i sat in for a few hours at the book exchange/champagne bar.
- my new annual pass card to the biltmore estate in my hands – oh the fun!
- the rain pattering down on my windshield as a drove around the city doing errands. while i always prefer to be home under a blanket when it’s raining, it is also quite cozy to drive and hear the rain beating down on the car. at least that’s how i felt that day.
- i also heard the voices and laughter of strangers becoming acquaintances over coffee during my first fika gathering – that completely warmed my heart and made me giddy with glee.
- the first night of crawling in bed and pulling the covers up around my head, when the sheets have just been cleaned. need i say more?
- the chilly, crisp, early winter air as the wind whipped through the trees.
- the joy of going to a movie & the pain of watching a true story on the big screen about a man who was a slave for 12 years.
- sharing these moments with my wife and my brother = pure happiness.
- other feelings: excitement, pride, peace, sadness, silliness, hope, mystery, love.
just letting you know, once again, that the fact that you click on my blog and read the things i write and post, overwhelms me too. so. very. much. i am so thankful for the fact that you care to check in and share your thoughts, or just read my words. it makes all the difference.
happy week before thanksgiving, loves!