be gatherings north carolina

this is who i am

3 Jul 2014

i thought a lot about who i am, where i come from, and what makes me, well, me, while i was at the beach with my family last week. i didn’t overthink it, i just pondered how all of these people around me, my closest family members, are a part of me – how they each have played a part in making me who i am today. but, not only these beautiful, amazing people, also all of our ancestors, those who lived and died and walked the coastal shores of north carolina long, long ago. all through the week, i thought of these things. and i simply gave thanks – for my family.

“you are the sum total of everything it has taken to produce you since before the beginning of beginning less time.” – buddhist saying

peace & love. xx

• Reply Louise Gallagher 3 Jul 2014 at 08:59

You are so beautiful in the everything of the sum total of the beauty that produced you!

• Reply liz 14 Jul 2014 at 04:29

Oh, Louise, thank you so much for such a beautiful comment. My soul is touched. xoxo

• Reply Rusha Sams 3 Jul 2014 at 11:57

We’re headed to the beach in couple of weeks with family also. I always reflect on where I am in life and where I’m headed. Love the title of this post. The main thing is you have to like yourself first and foremost. Or at least I keep telling myself that.

• Reply liz 14 Jul 2014 at 04:45

You are so right, Rusha! It is so important to know and love ourselves – and part of that, I think, comes from reflecting on who we are. Hope you’ve had a great time at the beach!

• Reply PaigeBrown 3 Jul 2014 at 18:22

I love you and every part of your amazing family that I know! xoxo

• Reply liz 14 Jul 2014 at 04:45

LOVE YOU!!

• Reply Lina Eriksson (@liersays) 4 Jul 2014 at 04:52

Such a beautiful post!! I love you so much, and your whole family! <3

• Reply liz 14 Jul 2014 at 04:46

And you know what?! I love you so much, and the fact that you are my family is the most amazing thing in my life. xo

• Reply Holly 4 Jul 2014 at 12:04

Lots and lots of very pretty and gorgeous pictures! Gorgeous family xx

• Reply liz 14 Jul 2014 at 04:46

Awww… thank you Holly. Love to you!

• Reply my cousin is coming to town! – BE LOVE LIVE 27 Apr 2016 at 13:01

[…] and vermont, but the memories that are burned into my soul are the ones that we share from our annual (mostly) beach week together with our family on the crystal coast of north carolina every […]