create + inspire

two chicks + a chat // episode 1: summer plans

17 Jul 2015

two-chicks-and-a-chat-me-lina

well, my love + i have done something crazy. we made our first vlog (video blog)!

you know, it’s summertime. we’re feeling lazy and creative all at the same time, we love to do stuff together, so we decided to sit down and talk to y’all. lina set up the camera on a tripod, told me where to sit, and then hit record. warning: southern american accent(s) might be heard!

so, here you go. a little fun, awkward summer chat with liz and lina to get your weekend started off right:

thanks for watching! and, just for your info, we thought we’d make this into a little series, so another vlog will be coming to a small internet screen near you soon! more details coming in a few days.

onwards + upwards! xoxo

• Reply thisismelly 18 Jul 2015 at 03:26

You two are adorable! Loved hearing your voices and plans for the summer (I miss summer!!!! ❄️❄️❄️); your bro, pride, music festivals & holidays! Yay! xx

• Reply Liz 20 Jul 2015 at 16:16

Haha! Thank you! I know you miss summer greatly, as you are a summer lover. But be sure, summer here, like real summer, has only existed for about 4-5 days. Other than that it’s been chilly and rainy. My southern soul is not a happy camper about that. xoxo

• Reply Meghan 19 Jul 2015 at 15:32

Oh my gosh! It was so great to see and hear you both after reading your words and seeing your photos for years. I hope you all enjoy your summer plans. I’m looking forward to future episodes!

• Reply Liz 20 Jul 2015 at 16:15

Hehe! I know, it’s so crazy to keep up with someone so much and have never met them face to face or heard their voice. Thank you for watching. xoxo

• Reply countdown to the big arrival | be|love|live 22 Jul 2015 at 14:24

[…] arrives to help me get through the last hour. oh, and lina + i have made a few plans for our next two chicks + a chat vlog! so stay tuned for that in a few […]

• Reply Holly 3 Aug 2015 at 15:45

So I have finally watched your video after meaning to since you went live!!! So cute!
    This may sound daft but I never thought you’d sound so American, but I had almost a total different persona in my mind for you both!
    Keep it up, and enjoy your plans!!!

• Reply Liz 6 Aug 2015 at 10:01

Haha!! Yes, I sounds quite American + quite southern too. 😉 It is so funny how we imagine people sound + act. Living in the blog world where we just write + type + comment to each other, gives us a skewed view of who we all really are. I actually get stressed out about it a bit… am I portraying myself on my blog and in my photos as I really am? As my life really is? I want to be authentic, transparent. I know that I am totally overthinking this…

But, all of this is why I LOVE meeting fellow bloggers/instagrammers in real life. So much more fun! You + me + our girls… one day!!

Share your thoughts