culture

i’m serious about my coffee.

7 Jun 2012

if you want me to be like this:

then you’d better give me this:

Ernest Hemingway wrote, “It was a pleasant cafe, warm and clean and friendly, and I hung up my old water-proof on the coat rack to dry and put my worn and weathered felt hat on the rack above the bench and ordered a cafe au lait. The waiter brought it and I took out a notebook from the pocket of the coat and a pencil and started to write.”

today’s photo challenge (a drink) has inspired me to think about the good life, according to me. there are many different things that make up the good life, and for me, one of those things involves pots of coffee to drink & notebooks in which to write. hemingway had it so  right. oh, to spend all my days doing just that. especially if it’s at the beach, near some water, in a cozy, city cafe, or somewhere in the middle of nature.

i sincerely hope that there is something that you indulge in  every day that brings you some moments of peace.

• Reply The Northern Plights 8 Jun 2012 at 00:12

BAM! Aren’t all these bloody Swedes!

~The Dippylomat esq.

• Reply liz 10 Jun 2012 at 09:20

Oh dear sir, I just can’t seem to get into the tea thing. Sad, though. My family all hails from England & Scotland. But, I guess my Swedish influence wins out. Surely if I lived in the Motherland, I would learn to love tea time. 🙂

• Reply Laura4NYC 8 Jun 2012 at 00:24

I m not too much of a coffee drinker but adore the smell!

• Reply nicolehandschin 8 Jun 2012 at 12:17

I’m the same. I loooove the smell of fresh coffee and then the taste is such a disappointment. I’d really like to like it tho. Maybe I should starte aquiring the taste

• Reply liz 10 Jun 2012 at 09:23

We’ll work on that! It’s all about the milk, or creme… black is just too boring. 😉 xo

• Reply liz 10 Jun 2012 at 09:21

Laura, the smell is what enticed me… and one day I found myself hooked. There’s hope for you. Hehe.

• Reply 6 o’clock pm. « be.love.live. 8 Jun 2012 at 23:14

[…] 6:00 pm. i plopped down on a bench. pulled out my journal. and started to write. what was it i said yesterday about wanting to be like hemingway? all that was missing was a piping hot cup of coffee. […]

• Reply Victoria Oldham 10 Jun 2012 at 03:36

Nothing better than a fresh cup when you sit down to write. Mmmm

• Reply liz 10 Jun 2012 at 09:35

The best.

• Reply Alarna Rose Gray 12 Jun 2012 at 02:37

Have you tried it with condensed milk? So wrong, but so good…that’s how I start my day 🙂

• Reply liz 15 Jun 2012 at 07:17