1. writing my next blog post (or 2 or 3) for from death to peace (my memoir)
2. writing a proposal for work
3. creating my own december photo a day challenge
4. completing & email my christmas wish list to santa (my mom told me that he asked me to send one. really.)
5. making a plan of strategy for how to cook/bake all of my thanksgiving goodies in our one tiny oven (thanksgiving is saturday!)
6. taking pictures & do another photo tip blog post
7. using those little 30 minutes that are filled with waiting/down time in between projects more effectively
9. writing. writing. writing.
10. challenging myself to set up a routine, a schedule every day, to make my writing my other (unpaid) job
here are the top ten things she’s been doing instead:
1. drinking glögg
3. listening to christmas music
4. staring out the window at the rain
5. arranging my playlists
6. planning and/or packing (for the trip to the states in a little under 3 weeks. sick, isn’t it?)
7. drinking coffee
8. meeting friends
9. making lists
10. updating the weather app on my phone every hour to see if there is snow in the forecast
i feel like i have about a million little projects to do, and i can’t seem to get them done. i want to do them. none of them are difficult or annoying. all of them are things that i enjoy. but, i can’t seem to get myself into gear. am i that disorganized? am i that sucked into the holiday season already? is it the perpetual darkness and constant rain? geez. i gotta get a grip and focus on today. but, the christmas spirit has taken over. i’m daydreaming my moments away…
ok. i would say that it’s time to get down to business, but i need to first call my mom, and then there will be only a few minutes left before i head to work. truly not enough time to cross anything off of my list…
but, i have a plan! tonight i will be at the church for meditation (see #8 on my should do list). every tuesday night i am in the sanctuary, with candles lit and soft music, available for anyone to come and sit with me. in silence. or to chat. usually there are very few people there, so i have a good hour & a half in a quiet, spiritual room to just be. tonight. i will meditate. i will write. i will feed my soul.
i hope your tuesday is a productive one, but one in which you find some moments to feed & nurture your soul too.