Asheville, NC photography

TEN on TEN | january 2015

11 Jan 2015

yesterday i introduced a little photo challenge that i’ve committed myself to for the year. you can read all about it { here }. simply put, it’s a challenge that only occurs on the 10th of every month, and the challenge is to take 10 photos throughout the day, highlighting those everyday moments. an opportunity to seek + find the beauty in the ordinary, to slow down + appreciate regular life, and all things simple + real. at the end of the day, the photos can then be shared wherever to whomever.

my intention was, of course, to share my TEN on TEN at the end of the day on the 10th. however, it was not such a regular, ordinary day for me, so i am doing it as early on the 11th as i can. hehe. but, one day off isn’t that bad, right?! i mean, all of the photos are from yesterday.

and what a day it was. i had to make a run for coffee because… no coffee pot. i blogged a bit in bed. prepared the balcony furniture (and other stuff) to be picked up by a well-deserving friend. attempted to organize my suitcase in the bedroom. ate mexican for lunch. got ready for our moving out party. and then loved every single minute of our friends gathering in our home, including a having two of them perform a live concert from the corner of the living room. my heart was completely filled with joy and gratitude. it was pure magic.

so, here are my TEN on TEN from th 10th of january. it was an incredible day.

morning morning-coffee empty-living-room-asheville sunshine-balcony me-balcony-january mexican-food-asheville asheville-home- moving-out-party-asheville me-party-january the-wilhelm-brothers-concert-home

we’re moving out of our apartment today. like totally out. so, it’s a crazy day. but, I feel ready. i’ve done all of my little goodbye moments in places around our home, so it’s time to move on and move in to my brother’s back apartment for a week. then, it’s all about hanging out and enjoying asheville. happy sunday, folks!

onwards + upwards! xoxo

• Reply Holly 11 Jan 2015 at 12:28

Wow, gosh, it all happened so suddenly! (I know it didn’t for you, but I’m just like, ahhhh they’re moving from that pretty flat!)
    Good luck today you two moving 🙂

• Reply Liz 12 Jan 2015 at 17:05

It feels kinda sudden for is too actually. We talked about it and thought about it for so long… and then boom! It all started happening. It so hard to leave thia amazing place… but i cannot wait to see what we find in Sweden! Thank you for your love!

• Reply Holly 11 Jan 2015 at 12:29

ps. Liz, how am I best to track any replies from you with your new wordpress / site? (no longer pops up in my wordpress notifications?)

• Reply Gesine 11 Jan 2015 at 15:54

I sent my last greetings to your Asheville apartment, I loved it there. Lots of love to you!! <3 <3 <3

• Reply Liz 12 Jan 2015 at 17:04

xoxoxo So awesome that you got to visit us here!!

• Reply Jacque 12 Jan 2015 at 21:58

I tried your 10 on 10 challenge, it was a rainy dull day and I spent the day tending to the mini farm and animals so the pictures are all fields and trees and barns. I’m not a photographer but maybe I will improve as the months go by. Thanks for the challenge.

• Reply Liz 12 Jan 2015 at 22:41

Fields and trees and barns and animals sounds just lovely! I’d love to see some of your shots. So hlad yiu joined in. 🙂

• Reply be|love|live | ten on ten | february 2015 11 Feb 2015 at 15:27

[…] last month when i did my ten on ten post (10 photos of my day on the 10th of every month), i was in asheville. in my apartment. […]

• Reply be.love.live | ten on ten | march 2015 11 Mar 2015 at 17:00

[…] we’ve gone from the ten on ten in january, the day where we completely emptied our asheville apartment; to the ten on ten in february, where […]

• Reply Kayla 22 May 2015 at 14:23

Lovely pics, especially the last one – so much relax at one place! I’m belated but I hope your moving went well stress free! Wish you all the best!